Most of us already know that a great haircut can play up a great face or even minimize our not so great facial features. But, did you know that a great haircut can also make you look slimmer? If you’re wearing the wrong haircut, you could be giving the appearance that you’re heavier than you really are. With the right haircut, you can create the illusion of a slimmer you.
Do’s and Don’ts
Whether you’re interested in choosing a haircut that will slim your face or your body, there are several do’s and don’ts that you may way to keep in mind when choosing the right haircut.
- Do wear your hair long and wavy if you want to draw attention away from and balance out a curvy body.
- Don’t choose a long straight haircut since then can actually accentuate a curvy body.
- Do choose a long and wavy haircut if you have a big bust since it can draw attention away from them, instead of towards them.
- Don’t wear your hair into a sleek updo since it will highlight a big bust rather than minimize it.
- Do choose a haircut that is shoulder length or longer to balance out a full figure.
- Don’t choose a haircut that is shoulder-length with a lot of curls since it can draw attention to a full figure.
- Do opt for a layered haircut that is angled since it can minimize a full face.
- Don’t choose a haircut that is very short and flat or close to the head. Doing so can cause your face to appear even fuller than it actually is.
- Do sweep your bangs to the side or add a few highlights to your hair, to make a fuller face appear slimmer.
- Don’t wear bangs that are heavy and cut straight across the forehead since this can add width to your face.
The Perfect Haircut
Once you know the do’s and don’ts of choosing a haircut that will slim you down, you’ll be able to choose a haircut that is right for you. If you’re not sure where to begin, check out this haircut that is perfect for just about everyone.
Read More: Exercises to Reduce PMS Symptoms.
The Long Shag
A long shag hairstyle can be a great option to slimming a fuller face. Be sure your to have your hairstylist keep the cut below the shoulders and allows for some volume. The layers for this haircut should be kept below the chin and the bangs angled.
You can have your hairstylist shorten the layers at the top of the head to allow for fullness and create the illusion of length in your face.
- Apply a volumizing spray to slightly damp hair.
- Next, blow dry hair while using a large round brush to smooth ends and give volume to the crown. If you’d like, you can also flip the ends using a small round brush to soften the look.
- To finish this style, spritz hair with a holding spray.
Great Haircuts and Hairstyle for Your Face Shape
It’s easy to picture yourself with the latest hairstyle but actually being able to pull it off is a whole other story. Not every hairstyle or cut can be worn by just anyone – even the celebs! The best way to get your perfect ‘do is by choosing a hairstyle or haircut that flatters the shape of yours.